About Research To Policy
Young Lives India is well acknowledged for undertaking high quality researches on critical issues pertaining to the most marginalized groups of children, adolescents, and youth. We prioritize areas where there is evidence gap, to build evidence, especially for long-run effect on policy planning and implementation. Institutional uptake of evidence for policy formation and decision making is ensured through:
• Evidence generation in collaboration with the government and other policy influencers.
• Planned policy dialogues to advance interpretation and application of evidence in policy making and programme design.
• Ongoing engagement with policy makers to make research relevant to them, including defining the research questions with them, and to support use of evidence for targeted programme.
• Built-in dissemination plans in all our research.
• Making user-friendly targeted evidence products that are relevant for different groups of stakeholders.
• Embedding capacity building into evidence sharing activities.